Postby Mike Berg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Fire Fletcher?

Blow it up?

Tweak the team?
0 x

Yoke

Re: What's Next?

Postby Yoke » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:42 pm

The hardest part for me is where are guys like Coyle, Zucker, Granlund, Nino and Haula? Are they impact players, or are they disappearing like they did in the playoffs?

The veterans, you know what they are, whether that's good or bad. Maybe they find something to do with Pominville.

Then there is the D. Do you make a move with Dumba or Brodin? Does one get picked in the expansion draft?

I don't think blowing it up is possible with some of these contracts, but they're going to need to do a lot of tweaking.
0 x

tharasix

Postby tharasix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:06 pm

Coyle? He scored two goals and created other great chances. I thought he and Parise were the only forwards that actually showed up.

I think it's hard to say too much about plans for the defense until we see who Vegas takes.

More Bergy's point, I don't think anything needs to be done. We were one of the best teams for most of the year, but weren't the hot team come the playoffs. Or even the team with the hottest goalie. Hell, the Hawks were out a game sooner for pretty much the same reason. I really doubt they're talking about blowing up their core.

The playoffs are crazy this year already. I don't think we need to overreact.
0 x

Yoke

Postby Yoke » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Yeah, I misspoke on Coyle. He was there in the playoffs, but disappeared for chunks of the regular season. Got me a little mixed up.

It's a hard time to really decide much, and I doubt they are. There are 5 free agents, and I don't see them re-signing any of them.
0 x

GreenStar

Postby GreenStar » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:49 pm

i hope they don't take big swings. Good teams lose in the NHL playoffs. It would be nice if they could do something with Pominville. I have nothing against him and think he can play a role on this team but his cap hit is needed elsewhere.
0 x

Return to “In The Concourse”