The Game: This Week in the NHL

Mike Berg

The Game: This Week in the NHL

Postby Mike Berg » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:32 pm

0 x

NickinNY

Re: The Game: This Week in the NHL

Postby NickinNY » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:36 pm

But the adv stats say 16 is as good as 87, Bergy. What gives?
0 x

GreenStar

Postby GreenStar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Kuemper isn't signed for next year right? One of the cap sites had an expansion draft simulator and it didn't have dubs protected because there is a rule where one goalie under contract needed to be exposed.
0 x

Bergera

Postby Bergera » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:03 am

correct he is not signed. After his last hold out and his current performance, I have to think they let him walk. Kind sad to see him not pan out, but I got a sour taste with the two contract hold outs he has had.
0 x

Mike Berg

Postby Mike Berg » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm

GreenStar wrote:Kuemper isn't signed for next year right? One of the cap sites had an expansion draft simulator and it didn't have dubs protected because there is a rule where one goalie under contract needed to be exposed.

Not only that, but Russo had something about that recently. The Wild need to sign Kuemper, Stalock, or trade for someone under contract next year in order to protect Duby.

Bergera wrote:correct he is not signed. After his last hold out and his current performance, I have to think they let him walk. Kind sad to see him not pan out, but I got a sour taste with the two contract hold outs he has had.

I could see them signing Kuemper to a one year deal at a favorable price just to protect Duby, but after his latest bunch of games, I think they'd just sign the guy they know they can pass waivers (Stalock) and cut bait with Kuemper.
0 x

NickinNY

Postby NickinNY » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Do we hold Kuemper or his agent to blame for that hold out? I know it was Kuemper's ultimate call, but who was wormtongueing in his ear? They thought they had leverage and so they used it. No problem with that. But the ultimate leverage is how you play, and he probably blew his chance at a lucrative *next* contract. And, at $1.55M, it's not like he broke the bank with his current deal.
2 x

Yoke

Postby Yoke » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:58 pm

I don't know that you can necessarily be mad at either. They had the Wild by the gems, because they didn't have much for goaltending at the time. Have to make money while you can.

The problem, like Nick said, is that he blew his chance at a bigger contract by not playing well. So now instead of cashing in a couple times, he'll probably make about the same for the next two or three years.
0 x

Return to “In The Concourse”